Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Money makes the world go round

I have known for some time that the 'Couv is an expensive city in which to live but I must say that this news article still shocked me. It talks about if you have ever wondered how you stack up financially against your neighbours. I personally do not talk about my exact salary unless it's with the man or my boss because it's nobody's business but to find out that a combined household net worth of 92K is the bottom threshold to be considered 'middle class' in this city is shocking. I know many couples who make less than this and have no debt load, I cannot imagine how people with a debt such as a student loan or credit card debt can ever truly get out of it. Many people are left with no choice but to carry interest fees, take out a loan, etc. It is human nature to want to 'keep up with the Joneses' but at what cost? I keep seeing the cost of living going up but wages remain steadfast, when is this disparity going to change?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not see it changing anytime soon. Some economic whiz kids a.k.a. idiots, seem to think it will be in 2011 but me thinks they are the types of people who can barely balance their own check books. Vancouver is and will continue to be an expensive place to live so these losers better get better jobs, that or stop with their whining already.