Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home sweet home

This was prompted by a piece I saw on the news this evening: Why should the people of the Downtown East Side (DTES) be able to dictate where affordable housing should be located? I myself am a hardworking taxpayer who would like to live on Kits Beach; should the government pay for this also? If I could not afford to support myself in a certain area, I would have to move. I'm all for social housing but why does it have to be right downtown where the real estate is the highest thus costing us tax payers top dollar? Build it out in Abbotsford or Coquitlam. It might not be where you want to live, but it would be a real home instead of in a dirty alley. If you think it`s easy for the rest of us, you are obviously all on drugs. Most of us live pay cheque to pay cheque trying to make ends meet. The homeless are not the only people around trying to make a go of it. The money comes from us tax payers, it does not grow on trees. Personally, I would like to see my money put to good use instead of handing it over to a crack addict.

No comments: