Saturday, June 09, 2007

Rehearsal

So the whole crew went to St. Basil’s Ukrainian Catholic Church this evening to do a trial run through of Dea’s wedding ceremony. I just thought that I would share some of the most memorable quotes from the evening:

- Tiff and JJ reading a Ukrainian prayer book: T “This book is all in Russian!” to which JJ answered “No, it’s in Ukrainian, we’re in a Ukrainian church”. T “Isn’t it the same thing?” to which I said “Nope”.

- JJ walking down the aisle and being told by the priest to give ‘reverence’ to which I bowed to the priest and he barked back "Reverence! Not to me, to Jesus!!” (There was a huge ass painting of Jesus beside him on the wall, how was I supposed to know? Jeez).

- Tiff walking down the aisle right after me and being asked by the priest “Catholic or non?” to which she answered “It doesn’t matter, I can go either way”. Ha ha she almost finished that sentence with “I’m flexible”. Can you imagine actually saying to a priest “Oh it’s ok Father, I’m flexible”, that would have been awesome.

No comments: