Monday, November 06, 2006

West End Pirate


I wake up for work just after 7 am everyday. I am not sure about everyone else but my best sleep of the night is the 2 hours before my alarm rattles me awake.

There is this punkass who lives across the street and loves to park on the street right across from our bedroom window. He drives this ugly black truck with 2 huuuuuuge tail pipes, extra wide rear wheels and some lame-o pirate logos on the driver and passenger doors.

He likes to start his truck around 10 minutes to 6 a.m. on a daily basis. Keep in mind that within our one block there are probably at LEAST 2000 people living/sleeping there (a few small buildings and 3 Beach Tower towers). His truck sounds like some sort of cave dwelling beast from hell. He starts it up and it growls SO loud and he keeps gunning it to warm it up. Guaranteed it will stall and then he'll start it up again giving it even more gas until he tears off down the road. This ordeal lasts on average 2 minutes per morning

This pirate truck wakes Jacob and I up every day almost and I am sure it wakes everyone else up as well. WTF is up with this pirate fella anyway? Yeah, you the man with such a loud annoying truck in downtown Vancouver...Get a bus pass, fix your truck or do something cause I am beyond mad, now I'm just plain bitter and may have to do something to your precious pirate truck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar!!!

J.J. said...

Believe me, I have thought about sugar many a time (among other things) but the thought of a police record is scary biz.

Too many people in the West End at all hours, I would sooo get caught. That or I watch too much CSI ;)

J.J. said...

Janine,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, action could be pursued under the section of the Motor Vehicle Noise and Emission Abatement By-Law you have referenced however action would have to be initiated by the Vancouver Police Department. Only VPD members have the authority to stop the operator of a motor vehicle and the motor vehicle would have to be in operation to determine if it meets this test of the by-law. Since the operator would be well on his way should you call VPD at the time of the incident, I suggest contacting the Community Policing Office in your area to see if assistance can be lent by them. The office is located at 101-1750 Davie St. The telephone number is 604-717-2924.

Sincerely,
David Jantzen

Senior Environmental Health Officer
Vancouver Coastal Health
Tel: 604-675-3805
Fax: 604-736-8651
david.jantzen@vch.ca