Thursday, November 16, 2006

Armageddon

We had an absolutely shitastic storm last night/this morning here in Vancouver. Power was out all over the place, trees were down and worst of all, they placed a boil water advisory over the entire GVRD.

Our taps have been spewing this nasty brown, cloudy water since 7 a.m. We only drink bottled water at home anyway so I really didn't care one way or another...Well that was until I went to Safeway and attempted to go to Starbucks.

Safeway was complete mayhem: old people everywhere, 17 people fighting over the last 12 L Culligan water tank, a lady asking how to make Perrier water 'unfizzy' and a hippie dude talking about beaver fever and how we would all be sorry tomorrow. It was absolute chaos but also quite amusing. I managed to score a 1L bottle of Evian unscathed.

I then toddled on down to Starbucks for a wee latte. I went to the counter and placed my order and they then informed me that I could only have juice or one of those nasty cold frappuccino bottled things. I was like "wtf?" and they told me that they could not serve coffee because of the water advisory. I did however score a free coffee coupon for next time which almost made up for it.

I need caffeine; now dammit.

3 comments:

FatFairy said...

Tee hee hee...you said 'beaver'!
LOL!

Anonymous said...

uh..have they ever heard of boiling the water? what a crisis!!!

J.J. said...

Day 5 of the water'CRISIS'...water is still nasty in the 'Couv. Boil order is still making people fight for bottled water...ahhh the mayhem. Starbucks is back though, woohoo.