Monday, November 20, 2006

Cross-eyed Goodness


This is not really a rant but more of a comment because it's not something one can help but I must mention it cause well, it's funny. Not sure why I am apologising but in this politically correct world and being Canadian, it's in my blood I suppose.

I go to this great little falafel joint for lunch now and then that's close to my work. The food is reasonably priced, the helpings are ginormous and there is almost never a line. Most of the girls at the counter are speedy and efficient, all except for 1. She is a nice enough girl, don't get me wrong but when I go up to the counter and see the cross-eyed girl, I know I will be leaving the place slightly annoyed.

First off, I hate HATE HATE when people give change the following way: They lay the bills out and attempt to stack the change on top of the bills. They hand you your change as it wobbles around like the tower of Pisa and 1/2 the time you catch it in such a way that you cannot get it into your wallet or else it will fall all over the place. Simon taught me that I should basically smack it out of their hand to teach them a lesson but this was loonies and toonies so I was not willing to take the risk (yeah Salad Loop @ Harbour Centre...the look on her face was priceless).

Change handling aside there is another issue with cross-eyed girl. She loads up the ginormous helping of falafel, salad, tzatziki/hot and whatever else sauce inside of it's styrofoam container and EVERY time (because of her cross-eyes I am assuming) she flips the container upside down when she puts it in the plastic bag so I can walk it back to my desk to eat it's falafely goodness. In tipping it upside down though it means that I have this oozing Midlde Eastern mess by the time I am back at my desk and the food is all mixed up. Grrrrrr.

Give her dish duty or something, I am tired of my lunch arriving looking like pig slop.

No comments: