Monday, August 20, 2007

How rude

About an hour after the man and I said “I do”, people started coming up to us asking when we would be adding to the family. First off, it’s none of your damn business and second I don’t even know if I can have children because, well, I’ve never tried! How do you know that I want any? Not everyone on this earth feels the need to procreate you know... How do you know I’m even fertile? I swear, the next person who asks me this I am going to make up a story and tell them that I can’t because I was actually born a man or something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the same thing happened to me - once, when I said I wasn't going to have children, I had some male chauvinist pig say "you mean you won't use the vessel god gave you" as if I was just some breeding factory. I stopped him dead by saying actually I can't have children, to which he grovelled and said so sorry. I didn't tell him it was because my husband had had the snip.

But a friend of mine had 5 miscarriages and told no one at her work and was constantly upset by people - mainly women - asking when she was going to start a family. So think about how hurtful that question could be and that not every woman wants children or can have children and it really isn't any of your business.

Anonymous said...

OMG! You're pregnant! I KNEW IT!!!!!

J.J. said...

Fer christ sake I'm not preggo, I'm just chubby ha ha :P

Anonymous said...

congrats on the baby!

amandaviolet. said...

i always wanted a brother! you defo have to tell the next person that you were born a man!
*please be a family member, please be a family member*