Friday, August 10, 2007

Beware of the green eyed monster

Jealousy is an interesting thing. I am at an age where either my friends are really making something of themselves or really bungling it up and still kicking it like they were back in high school. It’s funny because the majority of my friends are getting married, having kids, establishing careers and buying up real estate while they still can. Then there is the minority of my friends who want everything that the majority of my friends have but are not willing to work for it, they just whine about it and try and take the successful/happy ones down a notch every chance they get. You, minority, can have your parties, hangovers and unstable relationships while the rest of us are actually having fun getting our shit together and making a sustainable life. Sure, we all feel jealousy from time to time but when it harms relationships and friendships, perhaps it’s time to check it at the door and get over it already.

No comments: