Thursday, July 05, 2007

Peace out

I was walking home yesterday and happened upon a hoard of young Asian girls posing for vacation pictures; they all flashed the peace sign instead of posing or smiling like a normal person. Then as I continued to walk past other touristy spots along my journey, I saw more Asians posing for pictures and flashing the peace sign. Perhaps it’s a victory sign instead of a peace sign but either way, WTF?? Have all those years of Hello Kitty warped their minds? Any insight into this would be mucho appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is only about 37% as annoying as party pics with people flashing hand signs.
example 1, example 2, example 3, ...

J.J. said...

Ha ha example 3 looks like a grade 3 math lesson...greater than, less than...

Anonymous said...

silly redhead. those are XML markup characters.

Anonymous said...

They do it in Japan, too. The last two times I was there, I noticed people in the background of my tourist pics waving the V sign. I'll ask my Japanese colleagues what it means....