Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fu&#ing Iris

I bought a sweet pair of Maui Jim prescription sunglasses there a year ago (oh sorry, a year and 3 days ago). My eyes have changed significantly in the past year and I had new prescription lenses put in; sadly the frames came back all bent and kept falling off of my face. I went into Iris on my lunch break and told the lady what had happened and she said “These are not from here”. I told her to look it up on her computer and sure enough, I had bought them there but my warranty was up 3 days ago and so there was nothing she could do for me. I was hungry and cranky and I said, ‘Wow, I’ll never be back here again and I’ll make sure to spread the word about how you treat your customers’. Right away she snatched the sunglasses from my hand and tried to bend them back. She came back 4 minutes later and said that nothing could be done, they were ruined. Fu&#!!!

So, I sent them to an optician on the island that the man and I know (we went to university with her son). She fixed them for me at no charge and sent them back with a note saying “Any optician could have fixed these for you in 10 seconds. Hopefully this will work for you”. I now have sunglasses that fit again and I am happy as a clam thanks to Kim (you rock!). Stupid Iris, you guys seriously suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word is officially out! In the words of Faberge Organics shampoo...I'll tell two friends and so on and so on...One other thing about the customer-serviceless Iris...their radio commercials TOTALLY suck! Not as bad as the commercials for Monte Cristo Jewelers, mind you, but terrible nonetheless.
I'm thinking of a good hex!