Monday, May 21, 2007

We are in with the Colombians

Pablo, the owner of the loft where we were staying has a girlfriend named Vanessa, from Colombia. She has this beloved cat named Chilca who lives in the flat and is friendly with everyone. She went missing sometime this morning and they were both devastated. We were talking with them about the cat but the time had come for us to grab a cab and get back to the airport. As I was telling them that the cat knows the smell of it's litterbox and maybe they should put it on the porch for her to come back, Pablo went running outside with her litterbox and Vanessa got on the phone ordering us a cab. Within 5 minutes a black Lincoln Towncar pulled up and took our bags...I was told to never take these pirate taxis as they can rip you off but this guy charged almost 20$ less than the cab on the way in and the ride was much nicer. Because of my cat fnding skills we are now 'in' with the Colombian cartel I think.

Cathay Pacific overbooked the flight back to Vancouver so us and 5 other people from Vancouver have been bumped and will have to take an Air Canada flight first thing in the morning, I shall keep you posted.

UPDATE: Chilca's back! Perhaps it was my litterbox trick or just some plain pure luck but the cat from the B&B in Brooklyn came back. The hosts e-mailed me the other morning thanking me for my cat finding trick as they found her meowing in her litterbox by the front door. Yes, I am the cat whisperer.

No comments: