Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Of Seagulls and Trespassing

I was walking to work this morning and as I walked out of my building I could hear my neighbour shrieking and cussing somebody out. As I rounded the corner, I could see she was in her bathrobe chasing some old Chinese lady and her middle aged accomplice out of her yard. They were loaded down with Ikea bags full of bottles and whatever else they could scrounge out of peoples recycling bins. She chased them down Harwood Street, cussing and threatening them and they hopped into a decent looking BMW and took off. Granted it was not a new BMW but still, save the bottles for the real poor and stay the hell out of our friggin’ yards. Different story if it’s on the curb but if you have to scale a fence or open a gate, dude, that’s trespassing.

No comments: