Thursday, May 10, 2007

Miso-Honey

Our American colleagues were in town throughout this week for work and we always try to show them a good ole’ Canadian time during their stays here in the Great White North. I need not mention the Roxy as that goes without saying but some memorable times last night over dinner at Coast include:

Ba-jah Fa-jit’ah’s…the waitress was asked to recommend a good appetizer and she couldn’t even pronounce “Baja” properly…whenever she walked by we made sure to pronounce the ‘j’ in words like Baja, fajitas, mojitos, etc.

One of the dishes on the menu was Miso-Honey Sablefish so of course we had to keep pronouncing it a la Full Metal Jacket “me so horny” became ‘me-so hhhhoney’

Reflecting upon our pal Amber who could not be here this trip re: the perfect woman according to Amber: “Mar’s legs, J.J’s ass and my breasts!”. We all chuckled over this and then Adi asks, “But with who’s brain?” and Paul W. answered “Mark’s!”. Laughter of course erupted (at least Mark laughed as well).

Paul W. upon realizing after all these months that I am a vegetarian: “J.J. you’re a vegetarian?? How could I not know? But you have the heart of a carnivore!”.

No comments: