Thursday, May 24, 2007

Goodbye

I received a call yesterday afternoon at work informing me that a very good friend of mine was found dead in his apartment on Tuesday morning. Not only was I shocked at the news of my friends passing but by the wording itself; most people say “passed away”, “no longer with us”, etc. but the way this news was delivered made it much more real and painful. As I walked home from work yesterday evening I reflected on our previous drinking holes, places we had all met up for coffee, apartments we drooled over imagining we were rich, arguing over who’s Vespa was cooler... Then it really hit me when I walked by the restaurant where we had celebrated his last birthday 2 months ago and I realised that there would be no more drinks on the patio together, no more MSN Messenger pep talks, no more hearing about the girl’s he was falling for and all I could feel was an incredible sense of emptiness and wonder why someone so young who loved life as much as he did was taken away. I am told that everything happens for a reason but it’s pretty hard to justify that right about now. C. we all love you, I hope you knew that. Miss you already, *hug*

No comments: