Sunday, December 06, 2009

Logtastic!

I took my work colleague from the UK along with me to a fabulous, west of Denman St. holiday party last night. Nick has been to Canada and the United States plenty of times before but this was his first experience with the Christmas Yule Log. He couldn't believe that we have a program on television that is all log, all the time in December and so we all spent some time excitedly explaining to him about the guy who pokes the fire and adds more logs to it and how his sweaters are different every year. I think that Nick thought that we were all pulling his leg when all of a sudden people started screaming "Loooook, he's poking the fire!" and everyone stopped their conversations to look for a wedding ring and to talk about his sweater choice for this year. I love how something as simple as a log can bring people together.

1 comment:

james2011 said...

I love that show haha,
I remember having the same conversation with a friend in complete disbeleif from California.
Amazing lol