Friday, February 01, 2008

The honeymoon is over

I am a duvet imperialist. I like nothing more than cuddling into my duvet and wrapping it around myself like a cocoon; my man however is less than enthusiastic about this practice. So after almost 10 years together we have decided that the honeymoon is now over and the time has come for us to be oh so European and do the separate duvet thing for sanity’s sake. After obsessing about it and what will people say when they come to our home and see this and think that we have relationship issues, I decided to do some internet research and I see that this practice is perfectly normal and has helped to improved marriages if anything so yeah, we’re going to give it a go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Separate duvets are a must! You'll be surprised at how your sleep will improve. We went separate duvets within months of moving in together. 15 years later and I can honestly say that separate duvets account for at least 20% of that success.

Anonymous said...

Besides...if someone does decide to get frisky...it feels almost naughty to slip your hand under 'their' covers.

Anonymous said...

omg, Duvet Imperialist.

best.

-pnix