Friday, December 01, 2006

Treeeee

I love my hood all the time but when I walked in the door last night and saw that my tree is all lit up for the holidays, I was sooo thrilled. Just had to share.

In keeping with the rantaliciousness of my blog though: why in the hell are stockings so dang expensive?? I had to replenish my supply seeing as my current ones look as if they were attacked by a moth colony. Holy moly expensive Batman...You can bet if men had to wear them that they would be dirt cheap. Grrrr.

And does anyone actually work at the Bay?? Why does it take me 20 minutes of circling/wandering/praying to find someone who will take my money? It's ridiculous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I HATE the Bay this time of year. Talk about craziness. Wanna know a trick? Go to MEC and pick up a pair of X-Country ski socks (they are very long and stretch). The are the bomb for stockings as you can pack a whack of stuff into 'em. PLUS you've bought at MEC which is better than a large department store any day. If the socks are too plain, embellish with beads, gems or sparkles. :-)

J.J. said...

Hmm perhaps I should have said 'stockings, as in the kind you wear not the ones you hang by the fireplace' :P

Unknown said...

I had to read that one twice to realize you meant hosiery and not santa stockings... it was the 'if men had to wear them' comment that tipped me off.

Also, if you go to the Olympic counter on the first floor of the Bay, the checkout is VERY efficient. But they only take cash and Visa. No interac, no MC, no Amex. It's the Olympics.