Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Who needs Hilton & Lohan...Vancouver has it's own bitches!

So, now that I work in the rat race that is downtown proper my regular coffee routine just went from Yaletown 'laidbackness' to Bentall nightmare on a daily basis; I try to make the best of it by people watching and eavesdropping and noticing who is wearing the same suit 3 days in a row, yuck! (it's more common than you think)

Every single day it seems to be the same 20 of us in line patiently waiting to place our order with the far too chipper barista who cannot pronounce l's. So while I was waiting for my 'ratté the girl in front of me was waiting for her usual venti hot chocolate with a bit of whipped cream on the top. She is one of the nice people that frequent the daily queue and I actually enjoy her company as she does not push, chat on her cell phone or eat while waiting for her drink. She is a big girl though, not my place to judge, it could be a health issue afterall but she most certainly is a larrrge girl. So she picks up her hot chocolate and walks out and these two 30ish year old women roll their eyes at her. The shorter blone one says "As if she needs whipped cream on that..." and the cranky looking brunette says "As if she needs a VENTI hot chocolate either, moooo". Granted the girl was well out of earshot but still, that's a nasty thing to say! I asked the stout one how she would like it if we talked about her that way and she gave me a disgusted look and her cranky friend went "pfffft". The guy on the other side of me looks at me and says very loudly "It's always the ugly ones who have something to say, isn't it?". *insert Nelson laugher, HA HA*. Bitches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! good for you! ..girls can be so catty! would of love to seen the looks on their faces-looks like you made a couple of enemies though