Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mouse trap

I am not a fan of rodents, not even a little bit. I was enjoying a pizza night at my friend's place with 4 other girls the other night when I saw something brownish moving out of the corner of my eye. I realised that I had had a couple fairly sizable glasses of wine so I tried to ignore it seeing as no one else was seeing what I was seeing...I guess the Shiraz was affecting me differently than everyone else. I saw the movement again and realised that the ground floor patio door had been open the whole time and I was in fact seeing a mouse. I grabbed a nearly full box of pizza off of the coffee table and flung however many pieces of veggie pizza there was in there onto a full ham and pineapple pizza (sorry fellow vegetarians, but hey, I screwed myself over equally here) and I tore off down the hall chasing this mouse with a greasy pizza box. Everyone was sitting on the sofa staring at me like I had completely gone off my rocker when 'BAM' I caught the mouse with the pizza box! I kept my foot on the corner of the box for 10 minutes while the hostess called her husband who was sitting at the local pub avoiding girls night to come dispose of the mouse. Good times were had by all but I wish that it had been a clump of mascara in my lashes instead of a mouse, yuck.

** no mice were harmed in this event

No comments: