Thursday, September 09, 2010

Keep it classy Vancouver


So I have wanted an iPhone 4 for some time, but I am with Rogers and they had like 17 phones for the entire nation or something equally ridiculous so I could not get my hands on one. I couldn’t sleep this morning so I decided that instead of laying in bed feeling sorry for myself that I would instead drag my sorry ass out of bed and get down to the Apple Store to try and score the new iPhone. I got there at 5:15am and was person #9 in the queue, I was feeling fairly confident that a phone would be mine but I was wishing that I had brought along a portable heater like one guy did! I made friends with everyone in line near me and we made the best out of being freezing cold, waiting around for the store to open. All hell almost broke loose when a Korean girl in the line just ahead of me decided to let her friend budge into line around 7am. One of the members of my Apple line ‘gang’ informed the newcomer that we had all been there for over an hour and that she had better get to the back of the line before there was a riot. She pretended to not speak English until a Korean guy about half way down the line started screaming at her in Korean and she burst into tears and promptly moved to the back of the line (they ran out of iPhones before they got that far down the line….there is a God!) In the end, I got my iPhone and life is good but I’d like to thank the Apple line ‘gang’ for making my stay in the freezing cold a little bit more amusing and fun. Huge shout out goes to my pal Amy who saw my Facebook pleas for help about wanting coffee so she brought me hot coffee and a cookie, what a girl!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Who gives birth to these people who feel some perverse entitlement to constantly butt into the que. Send them all back to the back of the line in the next provence--in your case-- to the west!!

amy said...

Well, I couldn't just let you freeze to death and not have caffeine!!