Saturday, May 02, 2009

Songs that I may or may not have been conceived to

So a group of federal Liberal party members and myself were sitting around at the pub today and the above topic came up (after many, many pitchers of beer mind you.) We all whipped out our mobile devices and started looking up the top songs the year before we were all born. To my shock/horror/amusement I realized that the top song around 9 months before my birth was “The Gambler”, by Kenny Rogers…dear lord is all I have to say on that one.

2 comments:

Greg Elzinga said...

Assuming I was born exactly 38 weeks (typical human gestation period: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_gestation) the Number 1 US hit (my parents were living in Windsor at the time so they would've been listening to Detroit radio) was Love Child by the Supremes. I'm satisfied with that.

Now the Number 1 US hit when I was born was the Rolling Stone's "Honky Tonk Women". Hmmm, I have never liked the Stones.

J.J. said...

Well, I know when to hold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run so ummm, yeah, rad.