Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Name dropper

What is with people who insist of throwing out name brands with every day, common items? Some examples that I am sick to death of hearing are as follows: ‘I was reading the news last night…on my iPhone’ or ‘I drove down to Seattle for the weekend, in my Prius’. Why don't you just say that you were reading the news and saw something interesting or just tell me that you drove down to Seattle this weekend, what the frig is with the name brand dropping? About the only vehicle that you can get away with this name dropping shit is a Jeep because it is a breed all to itself. When you name brand drop to try and make yourself sound cooler, you end up sounding like a pretentious tool.

3 comments:

Greg Elzinga said...

OMG, I was just complaining about this to mutual friends of ours.

One instance was where this young douchebag was over at my place and asked where he could hang his $1100 jacket. He wasn't my guest otherwise I would've dragged my ass across it.

The other jackass was informing the general public he was putting on his Prada sunglasses whilst shouting into his cellphone.

Grade 'A' douchebaggery!

J.J. said...

Douchebaggery, now there is an AWESOME word that I must add to my lexicon!

There are far too many obnoxious people around for my liking.

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to understated elegance? Just try and find something to wear these days that does NOT have a brand name splashed across it... not easy to do. It is amazing that people have consented to becoming billboards... really, those labels should be paying us for advertising