Thursday, January 29, 2009

Road work vigilante

I love our condo an absolute ton but ever since the city did some road work on Kingsway right outside of our building, I have been having homicidal thoughts due to the crater that they have created in the street. Most of the time cars avoid the lane with said crater but big trucks, no make that, HUGE trucks seem to prefer that outer lane for some reason. When they hit that crater, it sounds as if the truck is about to break apart and it leaves me feeling all rattled and angry. Lately I have been putting some serious thought into my plight. I know damn well that the city won't doing anything about the crater seeing as the Olympics/VANOC have spent all of our tax dollars; so my plan is to steal some traffic cones, run out into traffic late at night and set them up and pour some dirt or something into the crater and pack it in nice and hard. I may have to do this quite often but hey, I don't think that I can get arrested for it, it won't wreck the road and it may mean that I get some decent sleep past 5am when the Kingsway 500 starts up every weekday morning.

No comments: