Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Owl Scale

For those who know me at all, you know that when I’m hungry I get reeeeally owly in a hurry. There have been some memorable times/showdowns at Ikea and elsewhere all brought on by low blood sugar and the need for some food, quick! The man and I were discussing the owl scale the other night, basically if I am a bit hungry, I am a little owly/cranky but if I am starving then I am a raging bitch/full fledged owl and get snippity and sarcastic (yes, more so than normal!) I take comfort in knowing that there are others out there like me; Rena, my work colleague is similar when it comes to hunger and there have been a few times when we have had to snap at our lunch crew in order to get moving towards the food. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like it when you are starving AND bored. Makes for a REALLY REALLY entertaining lunch hour with the most engaging conversation! Hello Nam!

Greg Elzinga said...

I'm with you JJ, my mood goes down with the plummeting blood sugar level.

I've had some pretty fantastic arguments whilst on the hunt for grub. All to be forgiven when the insulin started pumping again.