Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Don't bite the hand that steers you

The morning bus is always soooo crowded; by the time the #19 rolls up to my stop, I consider myself lucky if it picks up more passengers instead of displaying the usual ‘Sorry, Bus is Full’ sign. Today was a muggy day outside, mid-20s or so outside and we were all crammed in like sardines. The bus driver had the heat cranked right up so it felt like we were in a sauna and not on our way to work. One guy yells out “Dude, can you pleeeeease turn the heat down? We are roasting to death in here man!” The bus driver shouts back “My bus, my business”. Cranky, over-heated passenger responds “Fucking asshole” to which bus driver replies mockingly “You're the fucking asshole.” Nice…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and with that, the operator number and the bus ID are taken and a call to transit's customer service line is made. I'm developing a rather substantial hate-on for bus drivers of late. There have been some that really shouldn't be driving.