Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Silicon Valley

Holy moly depressing Batman. I was in the Silicon Valley this week for work (Santa Clara to be exact). I have never seen so many buildings left empty, for lease/sale, deserted parking lots...The place seriously looked like Armageddon. My taxi driver was a former engineer at Oracle and the guy who fixed the air conditioning in a colleague’s room was a former tech writer for Citrix who was recently let go. I remember when friends of mine flocked down to Silicon Valley for awesome tech jobs, now I see why they have all migrated back to Canada. It just goes to show that this recession is either here or imminent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can thank Shrub for that. He drove the economy into the ground, picked it up, then flushed it down the toilet. Thanks G.W. Shrub