Sunday, April 20, 2008

Private Snowball

Getting up to attend an intense workout five times a week is probably hard for some; I, on the other hand, have learned to *begrudgingly* embrace the challenge. I've also gained a deeper appreciation for sleeping in until 7am on Fridays and Sundays (the non-bootcamp sunrises).

What has been perhaps the most challenging for me is trying not to come up with excuses/outright lies for trying to get out of this with my trainer. There are days that I really want to slack each time she turns her back on me but I don't want to show weakness; Sofie feeds off of my weakness. So, I push myself as hard as I possibly can even though it hurts like hell and my legs are screaming “Noooo.” I can’t believe that I’m paying for this but I am determined to fit into the awesome jeans that I bought in Seattle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna be on one of those HGTV shows? And...what is your ultimate goal out of doing this?

Anonymous said...

...and why "Snowball"? Wasn't that the name of the Honda with the muffler issues?

J.J. said...

Snowball is the name of one of the bootcamp attendees in the movie "Full Metal Jacket". The picture for this posting is of the drill instructor from that movie...

Just happens it was also the name of our big, white, loud Honda too.

J.J. said...

Those HGTV shows freak me out so no way will I be on your tv anytime soon! Unless it's my mug on the Lotto 649 announcement. Ultimate goal, lost a couple of inches around and de-flabbify my arms.

Anonymous said...

Good to know. So in other words, you're hoping to be a Honda with a tune-up...wearing some metal jacket and hoping for a lottery win. Got it!

J.J. said...

exactly ;) LOL