Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Scone Tease

Friggin’ Starbucks. They reel you in with tasty goodies, get you hopelessly hooked on something that you cannot get through your day without and then they take it away. I was so addicted to the new raspberry apricot thumbprint scones and now they are gone. They were only introduced last month and they have been yanked already. How could you do this to me Starbucks? Did you not see my pure glee once you handed that tasty treat over to me in that brown paper bag? It gave my morning a purpose and now you have ruined it; bastards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone you heard it from me, but that's because the new thumbprint scones were actually later found to cause a range of strange reactions in laboratory rats.

Apparently the "apricot" flavoring was derived from a series of extractions from poly-phenol #9 and colored with a variant of the old red dye #2. Bad mojo there, my friend.

On the plus side, if your hair hasn't started to fall out yet, you should be ok on that front. Though the incontinence didn't seem to hit the rats until much later in the test cycle...

...how many days consecutively did you eat those things? Likely not much to worry about there, because by the time the numbness starts to set in, you've only got about 10 days - give or take - left anyway.


ENJOY! ! ! !