Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Joined a Cult


I have always wanted a group to belong to, I mean reeeeally belong to... I have been cult-shopping for quite sometime now and I finally made the plunge and joined one that so far, has been going smashingly well; I bought a Mac!

My old Dell laptop had seen better days: it was slow, heavy and every time I played a cd, it would sound like a 747 taking off in my living room. I decided that enough was enough, I was going to buy a new laptop for myself. (Keep in mind that the old laptop was over 5 years old, it had a good life).

I shopped around for some time, waited for Vista to come out, went to store after store, read dozens of consumer reports and finally went with my gut instinct and bought a Macbook 15" widescreen. It was designed so a monkey can work it which is perfect for me as I am not tech savvy whatsoever. My IPod Nano and iTunes are in synch and eveyrthing just makes sense. From opening the box to set up, I was on the internet within 4 minutes and had nothing to install. Who knew computing could be so easy.

2 comments:

amandaviolet. said...

whatever happened to your aspirations of becoming a jesus sandal wearing sheep herder? that totally counts as a cult. i bet they have weekly meetings over on saltspring and everything.

/miss you.

J.J. said...

I'm really into llamas now...