Thursday, May 20, 2010

Guess I Can't Fly

So I was renewing the man's passport on Tuesday morning and I was walking out of the passport office on Hastings and Hornby. I was crossing through the crosswalk and no, I wasn't listening to my iPod or talking on my phone when all of a sudden I heard a scream and saw something dark right by my shoulder. I knew that I was flying and I knew that this was not good at all which was followed by a huge thud as I landed square on my shoulder, ouch.

It was pouring rain and my personal belongings were strewn all across Hornby Street and all I could think of was ‘did that bastard just hit me?’ Yep, he sure did. I got smoked by a GMC Sierra and I wasn’t even jaywalking! There were tons of witnesses and people trying to keep me dry and as comfortable as possible but I knew that I was going to be ok when one of the guys was on the phone with 9-1-1 and they asked him how old I was. He leaned over and looked really close and said “Oh, I’d say she’s in her late 30’s” to which I shouted “No, I’m not, I’m 29 you asshole!

3 comments:

amandaviolet. said...

you need to make a podcast retelling this incident. you're play-by-play of "GMC Sierra-1/ JJ-0" is a thing of beauty.

pariie said...

UN. REAL.

J.J. said...

Yeah, it was hard to type out the entire story as it was petty much 6 hours of hilarity and pain but I agree re: the podcast. As Nathan says, he knew I was tough but I guess I'm not built Ford tough.