Friday, July 31, 2009

Ms. Fruit Fly

Happy Pride Week y’all! When I first moved to the ‘Couv, I wound up in the West End which just happens to be the gay area of the city. I like to think that my friends and acquaintances are all open minded and cool but of course, some people just aren’t which in this day and age, I find kinda shocking. I have had several people ask me or say behind my back “Why does JJ have so many gay friends?” to which I have to say, why the hell not? My stylish boys are there for me no matter what, they are amazing listeners, they are happy to go shopping with me and go for a beer on the patio afterward. We can chat about boys in a non-competitive atmosphere together which makes people watching on Davie St. that much more fun. Unlike most girlfriends, my boys have no issue being honest and telling you if something on your outfit is all wrong but they will always tell you when you are looking fabulous or what pants make your butt look awesome. My boys are hilarious, love to dance and I don’t have to worry that they are trying to get in my pants. So I will be wearing my dangerously short skirted costume and proudly marching in the Pride Parade with my friends again this year and I can only hope that people will one day realize that we’re all here on this earth just trying to get through another day: gay, straight or other.

1 comment:

amy said...

If there were a "like" button on this, I would have pushed it ;)