Friday, March 27, 2009

And so the war begins...


Parsons Shoe Renew on Pender Street, you're going down. I used to recommend you to everyone telling them how awesome and speedy you were but you can forget that now. I brought in my priceless black patent leather Cole Haan peep toe heels in last week to get Topy’s put on the bottom and to get the heel tips replaced. The little Korean fella behind the counter calls me at work and says “If you pay in cash, I will give you a good deal.” Ok, I thought, why not? So I go to Parsons with 60$ cash in hand for the 50$ repair job and I am met at the counter by the little Korean fella who is all too happy to see my fist full of 20s. I look at the shoes and they look good so I hand over $60. He hands me back $10 plus a loonie, he says ‘to buy myself a drink’ (gee, thanks asshole, even a bottle of water is like 2 bucks downtown). He keeps saying over and over again “Don’t tell the lady that I gave you a deal, don’t tell her, ok? You promise?” I said yes, fine, I won’t tell and figured he was underpaid and pocketing the cash, whatever. Afterwards I realise I am probably actually being ripped off royally but as if I will ever find out. So I put my shoes on as I am going to an event that night and got half a block and then my heel snaps, muthafucka! I go back to the shop but he has now closed up and turned the lights off. Seriously…these shoes ain’t cheap and he fixed the heel, he must have done something to my shoes to make this happen, this is totally mental and I am pissed and he wants another $100 from me to fix this issue. Screw you Parsons Shoe Renew, it’s on…like Donkey Kong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm you will rat out that Korean guy, won't you?

Anonymous said...

That's f*ed up. The onus will be on you to prove that the shoes were OK when you brought them in. Not saying it's right... just the way these guys operate. It's like complaining about something at the dry cleaner's.

Amy said...

Go to 'Moneysworth and Best' in Pacific Centre. They are good.