Sunday, February 22, 2009

Only in the 'Couv

The man and I headed down to Granville Island today in search of some smoked alder salt (don’t ask). As we drove down onto the island I looked to my right and took notice of all the social co-op housing there; all newish, waterfront and cheap. How is it that alcoholics, drug abusers and welfare mom’s get waterfront living for under $1,000 a month whereas I bust my ass off and live a clean life yet you can only see the water at my place if you stand at a certain spot in the room, tilt your head and have a clear sky. It just doesn’t seem right; our tax dollars at work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I recall, it's not a great water view down there. I object more to the buildings. The architecture in Vancouver... don't get me started.

Greg Elzinga said...

The towers of Concord Pacific loom pretty ominously there.

Plus the odd parking garage has been known to blow-up because of methane gas build-up from reclaimed land.

J.J. said...

seriously re: the parking garages? Sheesh, brings a whole new meaning to karma

Anonymous said...

don't get me started on the welfare Moms on Granville Island-I remember a few years ago when there was a petition to tear down one of the tennis courts on the Island for a basketball court. It was all the welfare moms at the community meetings screaming that their bundles of joy needed a place to play close to home-THEIR needs as mothers outweighed everyone elses...not that they don't get enough already-look at where they live!