Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Merci Québec

I am not going to rag on about the popular vote and how unfair first past the post can be as I will look like a huge whiner seeing as my party lost *sniffle* but I am going to give a huge shout out to Québec for saving us from a much worse fate. Last night Harper and his Conservatives came dangerously close to obtaining a majority government but thanks to our Québécois friends voting for the Bloc, Serial killer Harper is stuck with yet another minority government. I find it quite ironic that a sovereigntist party saved Canada yesterday but they did and we should all thank them profusely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Liberal party apologists reconcile themselves with the fact that 99% of what they said about the inevitable horrors of conservative government in Canada did not come true... I guess they credit their staunch performance as the official opposition for saving the land from the evil clutches of the conservative hegemony... Or perhaps this is THE YEAR that the horrors will come to pass?