Monday, December 03, 2007

Business on the Islands

The man and I spent just over a week away on a tall ship cruise throughout the Caribbean. Needless to say, it was awesome, relaxing, fun and I can’t wait to go away again! I like to make fun of poor/interesting customer service in the ‘Couv but it took a holiday to remind me that crappy/strange service is everywhere. In Barbados we went to a gas station to buy water and sunscreen. We placed the items on the counter and the whale of a cashier refused to lean forward to grab the items from her sitting position on her stool. She asked us to move the items forward so she could scan them…way to get off your chair you lazyass.

The second example of interesting business practice took place beside the pool. A local strolled over with a bunch of aloe vera and a small machete and proceeded to try and rub my feet with aloe. I told him to stay away from my feet as I am ticklish and did not want aloe so he moved onto my man. He starts rubbing HIS feet with the aloe and when he starts objecting the local says “Don’t worry man; I’m not a gay boy”. Nice, good to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that the clipper you were actually on for your holiday???