Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Apology

Ever since Air Canada acquired my beloved Canadian Airlines, I have hated them with a level of passion perhaps only outpassioned by my love of mayonnaise (those who know me well, know that that that is a LOT.) Some of that hatred was completely justified: delayed luggage, getting bumped, being poorly compensated when stranded in amazing cities such as Winnipeg and Regina, etc. I would go out of my way to travel WestJet or any other airline and booo the Air Canada logo whenever I saw it. In the last few years I have been traveling a fair amount, mostly on US carriers. Ugly flight attendants aside, most US carriers are barely a step above a Greyhound Bus (with the exception of Horizon Air, yeah Dea!) Imagine my surprise when I boarded my Air Canada flight to Montreal today and was greeted with genuine smiles, a clean aircraft and a working entertainment system on every single seat back, incredible! Air Canada, I am sorry that I bad mouthed you for so long to so many people, I was wrong…can you ever forgive me? Let’s start over.

7 comments:

Sisi said...

So you had 1 good flight. I'm willing to place a wager on the "positive" experience not occurring twice. Air Canada is the scourge. Don't fall into a false sense of security with one experience that can only be labeled as "standard service". All flights should have "standard service". "Good service" should only be applied when it really is good. Not when you are greeted with smiles and a clean aircraft. All flights should have that as a bare minimum...as "standard service". Not to mention the fact that the in-flight entertainment is "SUPPOSED" to work for every seat on every flight. Again, that's standard service.
Personally, I think you got on a brand new plane with a fresh-out-of-training crew...and sitting in business class was the COO of Air Canada...as well as the VP of Customer Service. Of course everyone was on their best behaviour.
You and I share our hatred for Air Canada. I refuse to be the only one to have to continue to carry that torch. You got lucky...on one flight. Have you gone soft?????

J.J. said...

No, I had 3 nice flights in a 2 week span with AC. The crew was all middle-aged, experienced and not surly like how I remember them to be. They were named the 'best airline in North America' this year. Have you flown American, United or Delta lately? *shudder* They even let me bring on an extra carry-on as I said it was bagels and put on a pouty face.

And me gone soft? Nevvvvvver, come on SiSi, you know me better than that!

Anonymous said...

how soon we forget...AC must be based in Montreal!! giddiup

J.J. said...

I still miss Canadian, they were the best airline ever! Long live the Goose!

Sisi said...

I can still pick out the old Canadian employees on the Air Canada flights. They're the one's that don't have the pinch/bad smell look on their faces. Bless.

Sisi said...

...and of note...my word verification for the last comment was "Scheise" - sh*t in German. HA HA HA!

(the word verification for this one is "Brill"! Love it!

J.J. said...

Jeez Louise, I was mainly comparing Air Canada to US based Airlines. Seriously, fly one of them and tell me that Air Canada is not better. All Airlines sucks these days, I remember when Cathay Pacific felt like I was royalty and free poured liquor and now I am lucky if I get a warm meal on an 18 hour flight with them. I'm just sayin'