Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chivalry is Indeed Dead

Well at least in my office it is. I work in a very male dominated office and it seems like a large number of them seem to think that some tasks are for girls and are below them. We are located in the penthouse of a fancy schmancy tower and seeing as no one sits up front, we had a doorbell installed so that we could hear couriers and visitors arriving. I have sat all over the office and I know for a fact that there is an area right by the door where a group of guys sit that can hear the door but they choose to ignore it 99% of the time which means that either me (who was recently hit by a truck and injured) or my very pregnant office mate Rena, have to constantly run and answer the door while the guys just sit there with stupid grins on their faces. Most of the time the doorbell rings for one person in particular who is always having his personal packages sent to the office. Rena and I have decided that next time this happens, his package will be waiting for him in the women's washroom...take that you smug asshole.

3 comments:

Sisi said...

OOOOhhh...I'd do one better. I would tell the delivery person that the person they're looking for was just arrested for Child Pron and was forcefully removed from the premises and that they had better return the item to the sender.

....or better yet...tell the delivery person that there isn't a person in the office with the name that they're looking for.

I would start to make a call when the doorbell rings...even a pretend one. Or walk over to the jacka**es and point to the door and tell them to answer it...then walk away.

J.J. said...

Mary says I should deliver it a la Ace Ventura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_Vx1Y1HKA&feature=PlayList&p=FAC3EE355DDFAFA8&playnext=1&index=12

Rena said...

Boo to R&D! Not impressed! I'd say sign for the personal packages then open them up and auction off the crap on eBay.... (why not profit from this?)