Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What's your Nam song?

My buddy Si Si and I used to have without a doubt THE best lunch time conversations ever. One of our more memorable topics was ‘What is your Nam song’ as in, when you think of Vietnam, what song comes into your head. Si Si’s I believe was “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones whereas mine was “Fortunate Son” by CCR. I brought up the topic at the place where I work now and Rena’s Nam song is “Stop Hey, What’s That Sound” by Buffalo Springfield and Timo’s is “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane. So, what’s your Nam song?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One, two, three, what're we fighting for?

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECQeLQURNuw

dave said...

"the immigrant song" by led. hammer of the gods!

mag3737 said...

wagner, ride of the valkyries (b/c of apocalypse now)

mag3737 said...

no wait, cancel that. make it "this is the end" by the doors.

amandaviolet. said...

buffalo springfield's song is acutally called "for what it's worth." :D dad's taught me well.

Ray said...

"We got to get out of this place"-Not sure who it is by as it was one of the earlier songs the guys over there were into (like mid sixties) Martha and the Vandells maybe?

Derek said...

I told you Paint it Black at work, but now I'm thinking I like Sky Pilot just about as much. I like the fact that the weird engine-like sounds were created with propane torches and metal tubing (and I really like the sound itself)