Friday, December 19, 2008

Ghetto Santa

I trudged through the snow yesterday to get groceries at my beloved local mall; It’s technically called Kingsgate Mall but everyone lovingly refers to it as Hellsgate Mall because it’s pretty damn ghetto. I was stopped in my tracks though when I caught a glimpse of the mall Santa. He was perched on the shoddiest Santa chair ever surrounded by the most pitiful picket fence I have ever seen in my life; it’s like they pulled all the props for the area from a reject bin behind Goodwill or something. Santa’s beard was matted and nicotine stained; in fact, I think he is the dumpster diver that I see behind the Best Western most mornings…nice to see that they have hired locally. Anyhow, if you want this years Santa picture for your kidlets to be extra entertaining, bring them all down to my mall, it's well worth the drive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That totally sounds like the movie Bad Santa!

Greg Elzinga said...

Funny you mention the loving term 'Hellsgate Mall'. It sure has cleaned up from when I lived up on Fraser & 41st and used to take the bus by there every day to work. Back in '94 the mall had a lot of working girls (and I don't mean from the typing pool) hang around there.