Friday, July 25, 2008

Bridezillas take note!

Wedding season is upon us and everyone and their dog is tying the knot. I cannot believe that I have to even post this but when it comes to communicating your gift preferences through invitations, it is not at all acceptable to suggest, allude to or even hint about the type that you would like (or presume that you’re getting a gift at all). Never, ever; no exceptions!

If you are registered at a particular store (as I was for my very own wedding), or if your preference is for a cash gift, tell the women in your family and let them spread the word on your behalf so that you don’t look like a greedy, selfish little brat. I was aghast with an invite that I received last week; the bottom of the invite said “Cash gifts preferred”. This is the absolutely lowest place to go and you can guarantee that I’ll be giving them something other than cash just to spite them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest making a donation to a charity and giving them the receipt. The instructions didn't specify that you were to actually give THEM cash. This way you snub AND make a point AND give to a worthwhile cause...which in this case wasn't the bride or groom!!!

Louise said...

sisi has the right idea!

Anonymous said...

And when the inevitable bitching commences you can say: "Take it up with the Heart & Stroke Foundation!" Always wanted to say that!